Is "A Higher Loyalty" On Trump's Reading List? Inside Comey's Tell-All Memoir:
By: Dana Phillips
In his new book "A Higher Loyalty", former FBI director James Comey* holds nothing back while sharing his opinion on the Trump Administration, his investigations while working for the FBI and his personal relationship with Trump. He proves with all certainty that there really is always two sides to every story.
*Former FBI director James Comey was fired by Trump back in May, immediately densifying public pressure and questions about Trump's role in the Russian election collusion. Additionally. Comey's Congressional public hearing in May raised even more eyeballs.
1. Comey wasted not one breath getting straight to the point, describing Trump as a "forest fire." Comey states "This president is unethical, untethered to truth and institutional values". Is any one else getting "Fire and Fury" vibes? I am sensing a common trend when it comes to describing Trump.
2. The book describes a detailed look at Comey's handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton's emails. He especially details why he felt the need to become the public figurehead of the investigation, stating he felt obligated to take a personal role over Attorney General Loretta Lynch.
3. Comey described working for Trump as being in business with mobsters. Writing "the silent circle of assents. The boss in complete control. The loyalty oaths" reminded him of the mafia. He also gives readers an inside look as to how he faced being bullied at a young age. As well as how Trump's White House staff reminded him of those bullies.
4. Comey describes how then Homeland Security Director John F.Kelly wanted to resign in protest after Comey was fired. Comey urged him to stay saying the Oval office needed "principle people like him around more than ever". Kelly expressed being sick to his stomach after Comey got fired "and disliked having to work for such dishonorable people like Trump."
5. He gave insight into his tearful meeting with Barack Obama in the Oval office. When the pair met in late November Comey, wrote that Obama told him "I picked you to be FBI director because of your integrity and your ability. I want you to know that nothing - nothing has happened in the last year to change my view". Comey explained how it was exactly what he needed to hear and nearly brought him to tears.
Although the book is sure to have many more interesting stories, including how Trump was obsessed with accusations he was involved with Russian prostitutes, the loyalty pledge dinner Trump hosted, above all else let's not forget Comey is a Republican that handled almost all of the dirt on Trump the FBI could have possibly piled up.